People who are being with me must have something I can learn from them. Choose the good things they did to learn, and do not do the bad things that they had done before again.
1. When there are two people walking along with me, at least one of them can be my teacher. I can learn from his good while review my deeds and words looking at his bad.
以上為字面翻譯
2. "learn from the good things they do, and avoid doing the bad things that they have done before."
7 Comments:
People who are being with me must have something I can learn from them. Choose the good things they did to learn, and do not do the bad things that they had done before again.
To HCW,
1. When there are two people walking along with me, at least one of them can be my teacher. I can learn from his good while review my deeds and words looking at his bad.
以上為字面翻譯
2. "learn from the good things they do, and avoid doing the bad things that they have done before."
To Alwin:
If you want to translate it in semantic or even communicative way, the following can be a good example:
Among any three walking, I will find something to learn for sure. Their qualities are to be followed, and their shortcomings are to be avoided.
"Everyone can be my (your) mirror, and we can learn their both good and bad..."
"sample" sounds like "Chinese language."
While three people walking together, two of them can be regarded as mirrors reflecting the virtue i should learn and the defect i should reform.
To Michelle,
1. In the source text (maxim), there is not any denotation about "two of them."
2. "can be regarded as mirrors reflecting the virtue i should learn and the defect i should reform."
...can mirror eithere the virtue I should learn or the defect I should learn from.
"reform" seems to be a Chinese English.
S4B Alice Lin 1092303093
In all the others' behaviors, choosing to learn the goods instead of acting the bads.
Everyone’s shadow is incomplete. We should learn the good and improve the bad, make it to be complete.
Post a Comment
<< Home