E-C Translation Exercises

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Group Translation Exercise 6 -- political document

中華民國95年03月14日

總統接受美國華盛頓郵報專訪問答內容

  陳總統水扁先生昨(13)日接受美國華盛頓郵報駐東北亞支局總局長Anthony Faiola與駐北京分社主任Edward Cody專訪,答問內容如下:

  一、問:感謝總統先生今天撥冗接受訪問。
  答:今天是3月13日,剛好也是10年前1996年台海飛彈危機第2枚飛彈落在高雄外海的日子,最近的 距離只有55公里就到台灣的本土。但是二位應該非常的清楚,10年前1996年的這個時候,我們正在舉行有史以來第一次國家領導人-總統-的直接民選。台灣在推動民主、在深化民主、在鞏固民主,結果中國竟然用武力相向,這是非常不可思議的事情。中國可以不實施民主,但不能反對台灣施行,也不應該用飛彈、用 武力來威脅。還好當時美國政府柯林頓總統派出兩艘航空母艦,化解飛彈危機,讓台灣順利地舉行第一次總統直接民選的政治工程。10年過去了,我們真的感觸很 深,對2300萬台灣人民來講,感觸更深。大家都注意到中國的崛起,我們也希望中國的崛起伴隨的是和平的崛以及民主的覺醒。

  二、問:我雖然從中國來,但我跟總統保證,我不是一個假扮飛彈的記者。今天想就兩個主題來進行訪問,個人要請教有關台灣的議題;我的同事從日本來,他想要請教台灣與日本相關的議題。終止國統會,據我的了解,現在可說已經結束了,想知道總統有何看法,或總統的理解?

Council on Unification with China

Terminate; Eliminate; Revoke; Abandon; freeze; scrap…

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger Alwin said...

Group E
一、問:感謝總統先生今天撥冗接受訪問。
Ask 1. We appreciate Mr. President for making time to receive our interview today.
 答:今天是3月13日,剛好也是10年前1996年台海飛彈危機第2枚飛彈落在高雄外海的日子,最近的 距離只有55公里就到台灣的本土。但是二位應該非常的清楚,10年前1996年的這個時候,我們正在舉行有史以來第一次國家領導人-總統-的直接民選。台灣在推動民主、在深化民主、在鞏固民主,結果中國竟然用武力相向,這是非常不可思議的事情。中國可以不實施民主,但不能反對台灣施行,也不應該用飛彈、用 武力來威脅。還好當時美國政府柯林頓總統派出兩艘航空母艦,化解飛彈危機,讓台灣順利地舉行第一次總統直接民選的政治工程。10年過去了,我們真的感觸很 深,對2300萬台灣人民來講,感觸更深。大家都注意到中國的崛起,我們也希望中國的崛起伴隨的是和平的崛以及民主的覺醒。
Response: Today is 13 March; it’s the tenth anniversary of Taiwan Strait Missile Crisis as well. Ten years ago at the same day, the second missile dropped at the sea right around Kaohsiung, the nearest, only 55 kilometers to the state of Taiwan. I believe you two gentlemen should know it, at the same time of Taiwan Strait Missile Crisis it’s the first direct presidential election which was going to be held here in Taiwan as well. It’s really incredible; China threatened us by force because we are promoting democracy, reinforcing democracy and consolidating democracy. As we know, China never put democracy into reality, however, it have no reason threatening us by force and missiles to make Taiwan being as same as them. Fortunately, at the vary time, the American ex-President, Bill Clinton, dispatched two aircraft carriers to adjust the missile crisis, so that Taiwan could accomplish the first direct presidential election successfully. It’s been ten years already. We, 23,000,000 people here in Taiwan really appreciate the efforts of democracy we have now, and we will never forget the hardship of acquiring this goal. It is a fact, China is rising now, however, we do hope the rise of china could go with the rise in peace and could be the stimulant for china to put democracy into reality as well.
二、問:我雖然從中國來,但我跟總統保證,我不是一個假扮飛彈的記者。今天想就兩個主題來進行訪問,個人要請教有關台灣的議題;我的同事從日本來,他想要請教台灣與日本相關的議題。終止國統會,據我的了解,現在可說已經結束了,想知道總統有何看法,或總統的理解?
Ask 2. I’m from China, and my colleague is from Japan. I guarantee you Mr. President; I’m not a missile of China. Today we would like asking for your opinions on two main issues. I’m going to ask the issue about Taiwan’s status quo, and my partner want to know about the relationship of Taiwan and Japan. From my point of view, the Council on Unification with China has been terminated. What is your point of view or opinions, Mr. President?

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Group E
一、問:感謝總統先生今天撥冗接受訪問。
Ask 1. We appreciate Mr. President for making time to receive our interview today.
 答:今天是3月13日,剛好也是10年前1996年台海飛彈危機第2枚飛彈落在高雄外海的日子,最近的 距離只有55公里就到台灣的本土。但是二位應該非常的清楚,10年前1996年的這個時候,我們正在舉行有史以來第一次國家領導人-總統-的直接民選。台灣在推動民主、在深化民主、在鞏固民主,結果中國竟然用武力相向,這是非常不可思議的事情。中國可以不實施民主,但不能反對台灣施行,也不應該用飛彈、用 武力來威脅。還好當時美國政府柯林頓總統派出兩艘航空母艦,化解飛彈危機,讓台灣順利地舉行第一次總統直接民選的政治工程。10年過去了,我們真的感觸很 深,對2300萬台灣人民來講,感觸更深。大家都注意到中國的崛起,我們也希望中國的崛起伴隨的是和平的崛以及民主的覺醒。
Response: Today is 13 March; it’s the tenth anniversary of Taiwan Strait Missile Crisis as well. Ten years ago at the same day, the second missile dropped at the sea right around Kaohsiung, the nearest, only 55 kilometers to the state of Taiwan. I believe you two gentlemen should know it, at the same time of Taiwan Strait Missile Crisis it’s the first direct presidential election which was going to be held here in Taiwan as well. It’s really incredible; China threatened us by force because we are promoting democracy, reinforcing democracy and consolidating democracy. As we know, China never put democracy into reality, however, it has no reason threatening us by force and missiles to make Taiwan being as same as them. Fortunately, at the vary time, the American ex-President, Bill Clinton, dispatched two aircraft carriers to adjust the missile crisis, so that Taiwan could accomplish the first direct presidential election successfully. It’s been ten years already. We, 23,000,000 people here in Taiwan really appreciate the efforts of democracy we have now, and we will never forget the hardship of acquiring this goal. It is a fact, China is rising now, however, we do hope the rise of china could go with the rise in peace and could be the stimulant for china to put democracy into reality as well.
二、問:我雖然從中國來,但我跟總統保證,我不是一個假扮飛彈的記者。今天想就兩個主題來進行訪問,個人要請教有關台灣的議題;我的同事從日本來,他想要請教台灣與日本相關的議題。終止國統會,據我的了解,現在可說已經結束了,想知道總統有何看法,或總統的理解?
Ask 2. I’m from China, and my colleague is from Japan. I guarantee you Mr. President; I’m not a missile of China. Today we would like asking for your opinions on two main issues. I’m going to ask the issue about Taiwan’s status quo, and my partner wants to know about the relationship of Taiwan and Japan. From my point of view, the Council on Unification with China has been terminated. What is your point of view or opinions, Mr. President?

 
At 5:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Group 2 J4A Joyce Ho 1092304012
J4A Eva Hsieh 1092304017
J4A Gina Wang 1092304035
F4B Charlie Hsu 1092301086
E4A Michelle Wu 1092300036
一、問:感謝總統先生今天撥冗接受訪問。
Q1. Thank you for taking the time to accept the interview.
  答:今天是3月13日,剛好也是10年前1996年台海飛彈危機第2枚飛彈落在高雄外海的日子,最近的 距離只有55公里就到台灣的本土。但是二位應該非常的清楚,10年前1996年的這個時候,我們正在舉行有史以來第一次國家領導人-總統-的直接民選。台灣在推動民主、在深化民主、在鞏固民主,結果中國竟然用武力相向,這是非常不可思議的事情。中國可以不實施民主,但不能反對台灣施行,也不應該用飛彈、用 武力來威脅。還好當時美國政府柯林頓總統派出兩艘航空母艦,化解飛彈危機,讓台灣順利地舉行第一次總統直接民選的政治工程。10年過去了,我們真的感觸很 深,對2300萬台灣人民來講,感觸更深。大家都注意到中國的崛起,我們也希望中國的崛起伴隨的是和平的崛以及民主的覺醒。
A1. Today is March 13, also was the day which the second missile of the Taiwan Strait missile crisis landed off the sea of Kaohsiung in 1996 ten years ago. The closest missile crisis landed about 55 km from Taiwan. Both of you know very well that at this moment in 10 years ago, 1996, we were holding the direct election for our President. While Taiwan was engaged in promoting, deepening, and consolidating democracy, but China was using military force to do with Taiwan. This was unbelievable. China may not implement the democracy, but cannot oppose Taiwan executes, also should not use the guided missile and threaten with the military force. Taiwan could hold the first-ever-direct Presidential election because the leader fo U.S. government, President Clinton sent two aircraft carriers to melted the missile crisis. 10 years have passed, we have deep feeling, especially the 23 million people of Taiwan feel strongly about the situation. Everyone has noticed China is building up, we also hoped China's building up attend peaceful emergence and awakening of democracy.
二、問:我雖然從中國來,但我跟總統保證,我不是一個假扮飛彈的記者。今天想就兩個主題來進行訪問,個人要請教有關台灣的議題;我的同事從日本來,他想要請教台灣與日本相關的議題。終止國統會,據我的了解,現在可說已經結束了,想知道總統有何看法,或總統的理解?
Q2. I’m from China, but I’m not a spy. Today I want to interciew you about two topics. One is that I want to ask you about what’s happening here in Taiwan, and the other is my colleague from Japan is very interested in relations between Taiwan and Japan. Based on what I know, pausing about National Unification Council is now finished, and I want to know the President’s point of view or understanding.

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger RHEA LIN from TW said...

S4B Alice Lin 1092303093
==final translation==
一、問:感謝總統先生今天撥冗接受訪問
Asked: Mr. President Chen, we appreciate you giving us the opportunity of having the interview today.
  答:今天是3月13日,剛好也是10年前1996年台海飛彈危機第2枚飛彈落在高雄外海的日子,最近的 距離只有55公里就到台灣的本土。但是二位應該非常的清楚,10年前1996年的這個時候,我們正在舉行有史以來第一次國家領導人-總統-的直接民選。台灣在推動民主、在深化民主、在鞏固民主,結果中國(people’s republic of china)竟然用武力相向,這是非常不可思議的事情。中國可以不實施民主,但不能反對台灣施行,也不應該用飛彈、用 武力來威脅。還好當時美國政府柯林頓總統派出兩艘航空母艦,化解飛彈危機,讓台灣順利地舉行第一次總統直接民選的政治工程。10年過去了,我們真的感觸很深,對2300萬台灣人民來講,感觸更深。大家都注意到中國的崛起,我們也希望中國的崛起伴隨的是和平的崛起(peaceful rising)以及民主的覺醒(awakens)。
Quoted: Today is March 13th. It happens to be the day of 10 years ago, 1996, Third Taiwan Strait Missiles Crisis, the second missile dropped down into the sea outside Kaohsiung, and it was only 55km far from Taiwan. But I believe you all should understand, 10 years ago, 1996, in that period of time; we were having the first direct election of the president in the Taiwan’s history. In Taiwan, while we were processing, entering, and establishing the Democracy, People’s Republic of China pointed us with military forces. This was a very unusual situation. People’s Republic of China didn’t implement the democracy, but they didn’t have the right against the implementation of Democracy in Taiwan; neither using missiles nor military forces to threat us. Fortunately, William Jefferson Clinton, the ex-president of U.S., had sent out two aircraft carriers to head off danger of missile crisis, and Taiwan was able to calmly set up the political project of the first direct election of the president. 10 years has passed, we really have been through a lot. But for the 23 millions of populations, there are more than that. The rising of People’s Republic of China has been noticed, but we’re also hoping they come with peaceful rising and awakening of Democracy.

二、問:我雖然從中國來,但我跟總統保證,我不是一個假扮飛彈的記者。今天想就兩個主題來進行訪問,個人要請教有關台灣的議題;我的同事從日本來,他想要請教台灣與日本相關的議題。終止國統會(National Unification Council),據我的了解,現在可說已經結束了,想知道總統有何看法,或總統的理解?
Asked: I come from People’s Republic of China. But I can guarantee to you, Mr. President, I am not a reporter coming with threat of missiles. Today, we would like to focus on two subjects to continue the interview. I would like to advise some issues about Taiwan, and my colleague, who come from Japan, he would like to advise issues between Taiwan and Japan. As my understanding, Council on Unification with China (National Unification Council) has been completely terminated. And what’s your feeling or opinions about this, Mr. President?

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

E4A 1092300005 Sophia Chiou
E4A 1092300038 Anita Chien
E4A 1092300048 Ellen Lin
S4B 1092303061 Albee Chen
S4B 1092303071 Terry Zeng
S4B 1092303099 Stockton Xue
S4B 1092303105 Ray Chang

一、問:感謝總統先生今天撥冗接受訪問。
Q1. Thank Mr. President for taking the time to receive us.

  答:今天是3月13日,剛好也是10年前1996年台海飛彈危機第2枚飛彈落在高雄外海的日子,最近的 距離只有55公里就到台灣的本土。但是二位應該非常的清楚,10年前1996年的這個時候,我們正在舉行有史以來第一次國家領導人-總統-的直接民選。台灣在推動民主、在深化民主、在鞏固民主,結果中國竟然用武力相向,這是非常不可思議的事情。中國可以不實施民主,但不能反對台灣施行,也不應該用飛彈、用 武力來威脅。還好當時美國政府柯林頓總統派出兩艘航空母艦,化解飛彈危機,讓台灣順利地舉行第一次總統直接民選的政治工程。10年過去了,我們真的感觸很深,對2300萬台灣人民來講,感觸更深。大家都注意到中國的崛起,我們也希望中國的崛起伴隨的是和平的崛以及民主的覺醒。
A: Today is March 13. Exactly ten years ago today, the second missile of the Third Taiwan Strait missile crisis landed off the coast of Kaohsiung. The nearest missile landed about 55 km from Taiwan. I think both of you are fully aware that around this time ten years ago Taiwan was holding its first-ever direct election of its national leader, the president. While Taiwan was engaged in promoting, deepening, and consolidating democracy, China was using military force to intimidate Taiwan. This was unbelievable. China can refuse to practice democracy, but it should not oppose Taiwan practicing it. It should not have used missiles to intimidate Taiwan. While Taiwan was engaged in promoting, deepening, and consolidating democracy, China was using military force to intimidate Taiwan. This was unbelievable. China can refuse to practice democracy, but it should not oppose Taiwan practicing it. Furthermore, it should not have used missiles to intimidate Taiwan. Fortunately, American Government President Clinton sent two aircraft carriers to solve the missile crisis. Therefore, we could hold the direct election of president successfully. Ten years have passed. We have deep thoughts and feelings. The 23 million people of Taiwan feel even more strongly and deeply about the situation. Everyone has noticed the emergence of China. Also, we hope that it will be a peaceful emergence and the arousal of democracy in China.

二、問:我雖然從中國來,但我跟總統保證,我不是一個假扮飛彈的記者。今天想就兩個主題來進行訪問,個人要請教有關台灣的議題;我的同事從日本來,他想要請教台灣與日本相關的議題。終止國統會,據我的了解,現在可說已經結束了,想知道總統有何看法,或總統的理解?
Q2: Though I come from China, I assure you that I am not a journalistic missile. Today, our interviews will focus on two topics, which are the main issues in Taiwan, and my colleague from Japan is very interested in relations between Taiwan and Japan. Based on what I know, abandon the National Unification Council had been discontinued. I wonder what thought and understanding does Mr. President have?

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger DoubleMiu said...

 Group A

一、 問:感謝總統先生今天撥冗接受訪問。
Mr. President, thanks for taking time to accept our interview.
  
答:今天是3月13日,剛好也是10年前1996年台海飛彈危機第2枚飛彈落在高雄外海的日子,最近的 距離只有55公里就到台灣的本土。但是二位應該非常的清楚,10年前1996年的這個時候,我們正在舉行有史以來第一次國家領導人-總統-的直接民選。台灣在推動民主、在深化民主、在鞏固民主,結果中國竟然用武力相向,這是非常不可思議的事情。中國可以不實施民主,但不能反對台灣施行,也不應該用飛彈用武力來威脅。還好當時美國政府柯林頓總統派出兩艘航空母艦,化解飛彈危機,讓台灣順利地舉行第一次總統直接民選的政治工程。10年過去了,我們真的感觸很 深,對2300萬台灣人民來講,感觸更深。大家都注意到中國的崛起,我們也希望中國的崛起伴隨的是和平的崛以及民主的覺醒。
Today is the March 13th, the Third Taiwan Strait Crisis in 1996, and the second missile dropped in the open seas of Kaohsiung. The near one only 55km far away from Taiwan. I think both of you should be very clearly, ten years ago at this moment in 1996, we were holding the direct election democratic of our national leader first time, the president. While we were promoting, deepening, and consolidating democracy; it was very unbelievable that China was using the military force to us. China may not execute the democracy, but they can’t oppose the execution of Taiwan. They also shouldn’t threaten by the missile or the force. Fortunately President Clinton, American government sent two aircraft carriers to eliminate the crisis at that time. Let Taiwan hold the first election which is popularly elected of president successfully. Two years pass, and we all have the deep feeling in our mind. For 23million Taiwanese, the feeling may be much deeper. We all notice that the rise of China. Besides, we also hope the rise of China will bring the rise of peace and the awakening of democracy.

二、 問:我雖然從中國來,但我跟總統保證,我不是一個假扮飛彈的記者。今天想就兩個主題來進行訪問,個人要請教有關台灣的議題;我的同事從日本來,他想要請教台灣與日本相關的議題。終止國統會,據我的了解,現在可說已經結束了,想知道總統有何看法,或總統的理解?
Ask: I promise President that I am not a fake reporter of missile, although I come from China. Today’s interview start from two subjects, I have some questions about Taiwan. And my colleague has some questions about Taiwan and Japan who is from Japan. In my opinion, the National Unification Council has abandoned. What’s your idea or thinking?

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger F4B Group D said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger F4B Group D said...

Group D
1092301076 Ariel Chen
1092301063 Irene Yu
1092301065 Clare Chou
1092301069 Harriet Chen
1092301070 Jessie Lin
1092301099 Vicki Liu

一、問:感謝總統先生今天撥冗接受訪問。
Q1:I appreciate you spare a little time to receive this interview.

答:今天是3月13日,剛好也是10年前1996年台海飛彈危機第2枚飛彈落在高雄外海的日子,最近的 距離只有55公里就到台灣的本土。但是二位應該非常的清楚,10年前1996年的這個時候,我們正在舉行有史以來第一次國家領導人-總統-的直接民選。台灣在推動民主、在深化民主、在鞏固民主,結果中國竟然用武力相向,這是非常不可思議的事情。中國可以不實施民主,但不能反對台灣施行,也不應該用飛彈、用 武力來威脅。還好當時美國政府柯林頓總統派出兩艘航空母艦,化解飛彈危機,讓台灣順利地舉行第一次總統直接民選的政治工程。10年過去了,我們真的感觸很 深,對2300萬台灣人民來講,感觸更深。大家都注意到中國的崛起,我們也希望中國的崛起伴隨的是和平的崛以及民主的覺醒。

A:Today is March 13,the second missile of the Taiwan Starit Missile Crisis landed off the coast of Kaohsiung in 1996,it was happened exactly ten years ago today.The nearest one landed just 55 kilometers away from Taiwan.Both of you are clearly understand,Taiwan was holding its first-ever National Leaders Direct election of the president in 1996.While Taiwan was made efforts in pushing forward,deepening and stengthening democracy,China was using military force to hector Taiwan,this is unimaginable.China can refuse to enforce democracy,but they cannot oppose Taiwan to enforce it.It should not have used missiles and military force to menace Taiwan.Fortunately, at that time, the us president Cliton sent two aircraft carriers to solve the missile crisis, and it also made Taiwan to hold the first direct president election successfully.  Ten years has passed, we have very deep feeling.  For the 23 million people of Taiwan , they even feel more deeply.  people has noticed the upsurge of china, and we hope that it is a peaceful upsurge and the awakening of democracy.

二、問:我雖然從中國來,但我跟總統保證,我不是一個假扮飛彈的記者。今天想就兩個主題來進行訪問,個人要請教有關台灣的議題;我的同事從日本來,他想要請教台灣與日本相關的議題。終止國統會,據我的了解,現在可說已經結束了,想知道總統有何看法,或總統的理解?

Q2:I come from china , but I assure that I’m not a journalist with missile.  The interview today will aim at two topics.  One is that I want to ask you about the topic of Taiwan, and my colleague from Japan wants to ask about the relation between Taiwan and Japan.  About terminating the national unification council, as I know, it has finished, I want to know what do you think about this or your understanding.

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Group C
G4A Daphne 1092302021
G4B Blue 1092302063
G4B Debbie 1092302081
G4B Holly 1092302087
G4B Abert 1092302095

一.問:感謝總統先生今天撥冗接受訪問。
Q1: We appreciate President Chen vacate your time for us.

答:今天是3月13日,剛好也是10年前1996年台海飛彈危機第2枚飛彈落在高雄外海的日子,最近的 距離只有55公里就到台灣的本土。但是二位應該非常的清楚,10年前1996年的這個時候,我們正在舉行有史以來第一次國家領導人-總統-的直接民選。台灣在推動民主、在深化民主、在鞏固民主,結果中國竟然用武力相向,這是非常不可思議的事情。中國可以不實施民主,但不能反對台灣施行,也不應該用飛彈、用 武力來威脅。還好當時美國政府柯林頓總統派出兩艘航空母艦,化解飛彈危機,讓台灣順利地舉行第一次總統直接民選的政治工程。10年過去了,我們真的感觸很 深,對2300萬台灣人民來講,感觸更深。大家都注意到中國的崛起,我們也希望中國的崛起伴隨的是和平的崛以及民主的覺醒。

Ans: Today is 13th Mar. It’s the exactly at the time as 10 years ago, when the Third Taiwan Strait Crisis happened. The second missile was landed outside the Kaohsiung open seas. The closest distance from Taiwan is 55 km. Gentlemans, we just start the first direct election of the president. We choose the first Nation leader by people 10 years ago. I think you both know that clearly. We propel democracy. We make the democracy more deeper in people’s mind and make it more strong. But unexpectedly we was forced by China with missiles. This action is really unbelievable. China can choose not to implement democracy, but they can’t forbid the democracy implementation in Taiwan. And also China publicly should renounce the use of military or missile force against Taiwan. Fortunately, the President Clinto of the USA missioned two aircraft carriers to solve the crisis which let Taiwan have the first direct election of president successfully. Ten years past, we were deeply touched, especially for 2300 million Taiwan people. Now everybody notice the rise of China. We also hope China could rise with peace and democracy.

二、問:我雖然從中國來,但我跟總統保證,我不是一個假扮飛彈的記者。今天想就兩個主題來進行訪問,個人要請教有關台灣的議題;我的同事從日本來,他想要請教台灣與日本相關的議題。終止國統會,據我的了解,現在可說已經結束了,想知道總統有何看法,或總統的理解?

2. Q: Although I come from China, I promise that I was not a reporter posing as missiles. Today I want to focus on two themes. Individuals would like to ask about the Taiwan issue, and my colleague is from Japan, he wants to consult the issues between Taiwan and Japan. Termination of the National Unification Council, as I understand, we can say it has ended. I’m wanted to know the view of President or the President’s understanding?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home