Reference Translation for Exercise 1 (conversation)
莉莉:以後我在網路拍賣網站上買東西時,我會更加小心。
Lily I'll be a lot more careful when I buy stuff in the internet auction.
卡門:妳損失了多少錢?(妳被坑了多少錢?)
Carmen How much have you lost?
莉莉:三百塊(美金),為了一個賣方根本沒有的戒指。
Lily Three hundred dollars for a ring the seller never had in the first place.
警察:我必須做個筆錄。請你向我描述一下當時的情形?
Police officer I need to take a statement from you. Could you please describe to me exactly what happened?
受害人:十五分鐘前我在銀行外的大街上被搶了。當時,我剛從銀行的提款機裡領了200塊錢(美金)。
Victim I was mugged fifteen minutes ago in Main Street, outside the bank. I had just taken out $200 from the cash machine there.
警察:你有沒有看清那個搶你的人?
Police officer Did you see who assaulted you?
受害人:有。他們是兩個人,我想他們大概是二十歲初頭。
Victim Yes, it was two men, I would say in their early twenties.
警察:他們到底是怎麼搶你的?
Police officer What exactly did they do?
受害人:其中一個人把我打倒在地上,並且壓住我;另外一個搶我的皮夾和手錶。然後他們延著旁邊的一條小街逃走。
Victim One of them knocked me to the ground and held me down while the other took my wallet and watch. Then they ran away down a side street.
達麗兒:我很不高興,有人跟我老板講我在外面兼差。
Daryl
I am upset. Somebody told my boss I have another part-time job.
史密斯:你老板不喜歡有人兼差?
Smith
And he doesn't like that?
(And he wouldn’t like his employee to have a second job?)
達麗兒:他不喜歡。他認為我會太累而做不好現在的工作。
Daryl
No, he doesn't. He thinks I am too tired to work.
史密斯:真是對不起,我承認,是我告訴他你在兼差的。
Smith
I am sorry. I have to admit I told him.
達麗兒:你告訴他的?為甚麼?
Daryl
You told him? Why?
史密斯:我不得不,因為他直截了當的問我。
Smith
I couldn't help it. He asked me point-blank.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home