E-C Translation Exercises

Friday, March 21, 2008

Bonus translation exercise - 1 - Maxim

人要知福、惜福、再造福。

10 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger OliviaBear said...

We should know, appreciate and cultivate blessings.

PS 龍虎門翻譯要PO在哪?

1093301107 Olivia Huang

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger S4ANO4 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger S4ANO4 said...

We should know how blessed we are, be grateful, and bring benefit to other.

S4A Angel Chen

1092303003

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need to understand how bless we are, trasure what we have had and than recreate happiness.



老師~~
龍虎門貼在哪??!!!

1096100102 Celine Huang

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

龍虎門的翻譯:
女: 這麼巧?
It’s you!
你還記不記得我?
Do you remember me or not?
男: 小…
Hsiao...
女: 對呀!
Exactly!
原來你還記得我!
You remember me!
男: 那個時候…我們上五年級
We were in…fifth-grades that time.
女: 什麼五年級?是三年級
No! It was third-grades.
男: 差不多啦
Whatever.
女: 怎麼會差不多呢?你記性也太差啦
How could it be? You have bad memory!
還記不記得我們班上那個小胖子
Remember the fatty in our class?
男: 記得,是整天哭的那個胖子嘛
Of course!Who was crying all day.
女: 不是哭,是經常尿褲子
Not crying, Should be frequently urinated the pants.
男: 那尿完褲子不就哭了嗎?
But after urinating then crying.
男: 我記得他喜歡揪妳辮子的
I still remembered he liked to fidget with your braid.
女: 怎麼會阿?我小時後是短頭髮
That’s imposibe! I had short hair that time.
男: 我得妳是長頭髮的
But I remembered you had long hair.
女: 我是長髮短髮,我會不記得阿
No, how could I forget?
你會不會不記得你叫陳小強阿?
Well, will you forgt your name? Jhon chen?
男: 現在是誰的記性差?
Hey ,who has a bad memory?
我不是陳小強,梁小慧!
I am not Jhon chen. "Faye" Liang.
女: 我都不叫梁小慧
Excuse me? I have never been called "Faye"
男女: 不好意思
i.....i...am so sorry.
********************
師弟: 喂!大師兄!
Hey! senior apprentice!
師兄: 今天怎麼這麼多人?
Why are so many people here today?
師弟: 當然啦,上面那層全被馬坤他們包了,所以就沒位置啦
Actually, Ken has taken a floor reservation,so there are no space.
師兄: 馬坤?
Ken?
師弟: 馬坤是全香港最有勢力的老大
The one has most power in hongKong.
上面那班黑衣人都是他的手下
The crew in black are all his subordinates.
師弟: 一班穿黑衣服的人衝進來了
A crew in white burst in.
師弟: 他們是白獅幫的
They are the ring of “white lion”.
勢力跟馬坤差不多
Has the same power with Ken.


GoupF
Sabrina 1093303092
Polly 1093303108

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger e4d said...

groupH
1093300196 cindy hsia
1093300199 phoebe chang
女: 這麼巧? 你還記不記得我?
What a surprise! Do you remember me?
男: 小…
Siao…
女: 對呀! 原來你還記得我!
Yeah! So you still remember me!
男: 那個時候…我們上五年級
At that time…We were fifth grade students.
女: 什麼五年級?是三年級
Fifth grade? It’s third grade.
男: 差不多啦
It doesn’t matter.
女: 怎麼會差不多呢?你記性也太差啦
Doesn’t matter? You have bad memory.
還記不記得我們班上那個小胖子
Do you still remember that fat boy in our class?
男: 記得,是整天哭的那個胖子嘛
Yes, the fatty who cried all the time.
女: 不是哭,是經常尿褲子
No, he often pissed on his pants.
男: 那尿完褲子不就哭了嗎?
After he pissed, absolutely he would cry!
男: 我記得他喜歡揪妳辮子的
I remember he liked to pull your plait.
女: 怎麼會阿?我小時後是短頭髮
It couldn’t be. I was short hair at that time!
男: 我得妳是長頭髮的
But I remember you were long hair.
女: 我是長髮短髮,我會不記得阿
How could I forget my hair was long or short?
你會不會不記得你叫陳小強阿?
Wouldn’t you remember your name is Chen siao ciang?
男: 現在是誰的記性差?
Now who has poor memory then?
我不是陳小強,梁小慧!
I’m not Chen siao ciang, Liang siao hui!
女: 我都不叫梁小慧
I’m not Liang siao hui.
男女: 不好意思
I’m sorry.
********************
喂!大師兄!
Hey, fellow brother!
今天怎麼這麼多人?
Why so many people today?
當然啦,上面那層全被馬坤他們包了,所以就沒位置啦
Of course! Ma kun has reserved the whole upper floor. So it’s over booked!
馬坤?
Ma kun?
馬坤是全香港最有勢力的老大,上面那班黑衣人都是他的手下
Ma kun is the most powerful gang boss in Hong Kong. Those people in black are his
underlings.
一班穿黑衣服的人衝進來了
A crowd of people in white are rushing in!
他們是白獅幫的,勢力跟馬坤差不多
They’re the “White Lions”, as powerful as Kun.

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Group G

馬小靈:這麼巧!你還記得我嗎?
Ling: What’s a coincidence! Do you remember me?

黃小虎:小…
Hook: You are “Wei…”

馬小靈:對阿!原來你還記得我
Ling: Yes! You still remember me.

黃小虎:那個時候…我們上五年級
Hook: We were in the…fifth grade, right?

馬小靈:什麼五年級?是三年級
Ling: What? Fifth grade?
No, it’s the third grade

黃小虎:差不多啦
Hook: Sort of…

馬小靈:怎麼會差不多呢?你記性也太差了啦!還記得我們班上那個小胖子嗎?
Ling: How come? You have a poor memory.
Do you remember the “Fetty” in our class?

黃小虎:記得,是整天哭的那個胖子嘛
Hook: Yeah, the one who cried all the time.

馬小靈:不是哭,是經常尿褲子
Ling: No, he often wetted his pants.

黃小虎:那尿完褲子,不就哭了嘛 我記得他喜歡揪的辮子的
Hook: Well, he cried after wetting his pants, didn’t he?

馬小靈:怎麼會啊? 我小時候是短髮
Ling: How could it be! I had short hair when I was little.

黃小虎:我記得你是長頭髮的
Hook: But, I remember you had long hair.

馬小靈:我是長髮短髮,我會不記得啊。你會不會不記得你叫陳小強?
Ling: How can I know I had long or short hair?Don’t tell me you forget your name, Johnny Chen?

黃小虎:現在是誰記性差? 我不是陳小強,梁小慧!
Hook: Now, tell me who do have a poor memory. I am not “Johnny Chen”, dear Wei-Wei.

馬小靈:我不叫梁小慧
Ling: Actually, I am not called “Wei-Wei”

黃小虎:不好意思
Hook: Oh, I am sorry.

馬小靈:不好意思
Ling: Oops, I am sorry.
黃小虎:喂
Hook: Hey

師弟1:大師兄
Guy1: Capo!

黃小虎:今天怎麼這麼多人?
Hook: Why is here so crowded, today?

師弟1:當然啦!上面那層全被馬坤他們包了,所以就沒位子了
Guy1: Well, Michael has already booked the whole upstairs.So, there are overbooked.

黃小虎:馬坤?
Hook: Who’s Michael?

師弟2:馬坤是全香港最有勢力的老大 上面那班黑衣人都是他手下
Guy2: Michael is the most powerful don in Hong Kong.Those guys there in black are his understrappers.

師弟1:一班穿白衣服的人衝進來 他們是白獅幫的,勢力跟馬坤差不多
Guy1: Look! A bunch of guys in white are rushing in!They are the “Monster Lion." They are as powerful as Michael.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger e4d said...

People should realize how blessed they are, be thankful what they own, and bring more fortune to others.
group H
1093300196 Cindy
1093300199 Phoebe

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger wonderwan said...

We should know blessings, cherish blessings, and grow blessings.

福 blessing

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Sophia said...

S4A 1092303013 Sophia Hsieh

People must sence, cherish, and then make the blessings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home