Reference Translation for Exercise 2 (movie caption)
這麼巧?你還記不記得我?
What a surprise (coincidence)! Still remember me?
對呀!
Yeah! You’re…
原來你還記得我!
So, you still remember me!
那個時候…我們上五年級
Grade 5?
什麼五年級?是三年級
No, it’s third grade.
差不多啦
Whatever.
怎麼會差不多呢?你的記性也太差啦。還記不記得我們班上那個小胖子?
Not at all. What a poor memory. Remember the fatty in our class?
記得,是整天哭的那個胖子嘛
Sure, the one who cried all the time?
不是哭,是經常尿褲子
No, he wetted his pants.
那尿完褲子不就哭了嘛,我記得他喜歡揪妳辮子的
Well, he would cry after he wetted his pants. I remember he liked pulling your pigtail (ponytail).
怎麼會啊,我小時候是短頭髮啊
It couldn’t be? (How come?) I had short hair then.
我記得你是長頭髮的
I remember you had long hair.
我是長髮短髮,我會不記得啊?你會不會不記得你叫陳小強啊?
How can (could) I forget I had short hair? Like, don’t you forget your name is Charlie Chen? (Would it be possible for you to forget your name …)
現在是誰的記性差啊?我不是陳小強,梁小慧
Look, who has a poor memory (who is a muddlehead)? I am not Charlie Chen, Mary Liang..
我都不叫梁小慧
I ‘ve never been Mary Liang.
不好意思 不好意思
I’m sorry. Sorry.
那你叫什麼名字
Then, what’s your name?
王小虎
Tiger Wang.
我叫馬小靈
I’m Angela Ma.
喂!
Hey!
大師兄!
Tiger (Senior)
今天怎麼這麼多人!
Why so many people here?
當然啦,上面那層全被馬坤他們包了,所以就沒位子了
Well, Ma Kun has reserved (booked; overbooked) the whole upper floor. There’s no seat up there then.
馬坤是全香港最有勢力的老大,上面那幫黑衣人都是他的手下
Ma is the biggest head gangster in Hong Kong. Those in black are his dogs (followers).
一班穿白衣的人衝進來了,他們是白獅幫的,勢力跟馬坤差不多
See! Some guys in white are barging (bursting; rushing) in! They are White Llions, as powerful as Ma.
黑也好,白也好,還不都是壞人,有什麼了不起
Black or white, all are bad guys – people of the same ink.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home